By Elisabeth Bumiller
New York Times
WASHINGTON — The mortuary at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware disposed of body parts of some victims of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks by burning them and dumping the ashes in a landfill, an independent panel said in a report to the Pentagon released on Tuesday.
The startling new disclosure was the latest to tarnish the reputation of Dover, hallowed ground for the military and the entry point for the nation’s war dead, and is likely to create further anguish among families of the Sept. 11 victims.
Mortuary officials had already been under fire for what the Air Force termed “gross mismanagement” for losing the body parts of two service members in 2009, repeated failures of command, doing little to change sloppy practices and sawing off the protruding arm bone of a dead Marine without informing his family.
The method of disposal of the Sept. 11 body parts was limited to what the report said were “several portions of remains” that could not be identified from the attack on the Pentagon and the crash site in Shanksville, Pa. The report said the remains were cremated and placed in containers provided to a biomedical waste disposal contractor, which then incinerated them and put them in the landfill.
Air Force officials said they could not confirm all the information about the Sept. 11 remains and were trying to clarify details on Tuesday night.
Lisa Linden, a… Continue reading
By Eric Lichtblau
WASHINGTON — For more than a decade, questions have lingered about the possible role of the Saudi government in the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, even as the royal kingdom has made itself a crucial counterterrorism partner in the eyes of American diplomats.
Now, in sworn statements that seem likely to reignite the debate, two former senators who were privy to top secret information on the Saudis’ activities say they believe that the Saudi government might have played a direct role in the terrorist attacks.
“I am convinced that there was a direct line between at least some of the terrorists who carried out the September 11th attacks and the government of Saudi Arabia,” former Senator Bob Graham, Democrat of Florida, said in an affidavit filed as part of a lawsuit brought against the Saudi government and dozens of institutions in the country by families of Sept. 11 victims and others. Mr. Graham led a joint 2002 Congressional inquiry into the attacks.
His former Senate colleague, Bob Kerrey of Nebraska, a Democrat who served on the separate 9/11 Commission, said in a sworn affidavit of his own in the case that “significant questions remain unanswered” about the role of Saudi institutions. “Evidence relating to the plausible involvement of possible Saudi government agents in the September 11th attacks has never been fully pursued,” Mr. Kerrey said.
Their affidavits, which were filed on Friday and have not previously been disclosed, are part of a multibillion-dollar lawsuit… Continue reading
March 25, 2012
Guest Post by Kevin Ryan, former Site Manager for Environmental Health Laboratories, a division of Underwriters Laboratories (UL). Mr. Ryan, a Chemist and laboratory manager, was fired by UL in 2004 for publicly questioning the report being drafted by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) on their World Trade Center investigation. In the intervening period, Ryan has completed additional research while his original questions, which have become increasingly important over time, remain unanswered by UL or NIST.
The U.S. Secret Service failed to do its job on September 11, 2001 in several important ways. These failures could be explained if the Secret Service had foreknowledge of the 9/11 events as they were proceeding. That possibility leads to difficult questions about how the behavior of Secret Service employees might have contributed to the success of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Answering those questions will require the release of existing interview transcripts as well as follow-up questioning, under oath, of a few key people within the agency.
The most glaring example of Secret Service failure on 9/11 was the lack of protection for the President of the United States after it was well known that the country was facing terrorist attacks on multiple fronts. The interesting thing about this was that it was not a consistent approach. That is, the president was protected by the Secret Service in many ways that day but he was not protected from the most obvious, and apparently the most imminent, danger.
President Bush had been at risk earlier that morning when Middle Eastern-looking journalists appeared at his hotel in Sarasota, Florida claiming to have an appointment for an interview.…Continue reading
March 29, 2012
By Grant McCool, Reuters
Chicago Tribune News
NEW YORK (Reuters) – Lawyers for the Obama administration were put to the test by a U.S. judge on Thursday to explain why civilian activists and journalists should not fear being detained under a new anti-terrorism law.
Activists and journalists are suing the government to try to stop implementation of the law’s provisions of indefinite detention for those deemed to have “substantially supported” al Qaeda and the Taliban and “associated forces.”
Government lawyers argued in federal court in New York that the plaintiffs did not have standing to challenge the National Defense Authorization Act’s “Homeland Battlefield” provisions signed into law by President Barack Obama in December.
During day-long oral arguments, U.S. District Judge Katherine Forrest heard lawyers for former New York Times war correspondent and Pulitzer Prize winner Chris Hedges and others argue that the law would have a “chilling effect” on their work.
While the judge said she was skeptical that the plaintiffs would win a constitutional challenge to the act, she also said she wanted to “understand the meaning to the ordinary citizen.”
“I can’t take the statute and strike it down for what it says, but can Hedges and others be detained for contacting al Qaeda or the Taliban as reporters?” she said.
Hedges told the court that “I don’t think we know what ‘associated forces’ are. That’s why I’m here.”
The lawsuit, filed in January, cited Obama’s statement of his “serious reservations with certain provisions that… Continue reading
Jon Gold, 9/11 Truther: The Fight for Peace, Justice and Accountability . Foreword by Cindy Sheehan. ePublishPartners.com, 2012.
9/11 Truther is an important book because it both renders leading personalities in the movement and also displays wide, well researched knowledge of many key issues.
As one of the first 9/11 memoirs, 9/11 Truther takes readers into the life of an activist, now 40, who’s been an important player on the East Coast and in the blogosphere. Jon Gold went to Hebrew school and took his Bar Mitzvah. Later, as he moved into “calling out” people he believed were hurting the movement with their wild speculations, Gold encountered vicious anti-Semitism. Consequences included high blood pressure, chronic depression, and, later, panic attacks (pp. 112-115). The book does not, however, explore broader questions of anti-Semitism in the 9/11 movement.
The first few dozen pages recount how Gold got into drugs, attempted suicide, and joined narcotics anonymous. Though the first 55 pages or so could strike readers as largely, perhaps overly autobiographical, they do capture key moments in the movement.
Unlike some “truthers,” Gold doesn’t claim to have “woken up” right away, almost before the smoke had cleared. After 9/11, he worked as a web developer and did the “patriotic” things, placing a small American flag on the company website.
Gold’s Entry into the 9/11 Truth Movement
By 2004, however, questions… Continue reading
By Greg Hunter’s USAWatchdog.com
I keep coming back to one question in the 9/11 conspiracy story: How did two jets knock down three New York City skyscrapers? The jets only hit two buildings, and that is a fact. I have posted a video from the group “RememberBuilding7.org” on the USAWatchdog.com site. (Click here to see Building 7 implode.) It clearly shows Building 7 of the World Trade Center imploding straight down, as if it was a controlled demolition. I am not an expert, but it sure looks like that to me.
I, also, ran across this video from Corbettreport.com that summarizes the entire 9/11 conspiracy in less than 5 minutes. It was done on the 9/11 ten year anniversary. I found it very well done and factually spot on, although it goes by fast, so you must watch closely. Give it a look for yourself. Do you think the 9/11 conspiracy theory is insane or insightful?
By Russ Baker
When I got an email announcing an exclusive from NBC about the raid that, we’re told, resulted in the death of Osama bin Laden, I dared raise my hopes. The last time a major media organization, the New Yorker , had promised us the inside story about what really happened on that day in early May, 2011, we got a major bit of disinformation .
But, being an optimist, I set my TV to record the hour on NBC’s newsmagazine show, Rock Center, and went out to dinner. When I returned, I settled in and began watching.
I heard the dramatic music, and listened to correspondent Brian Williams’s dramatic intro. Then I began waiting for answers. I waited. And waited. The answers never came. Can you believe an entire hour (or about half an hour plus endless ads) and not one interesting revelation? Can you believe that almost the entire thing dealt with how people in the White House felt that day, what kind of chairs they sat in, etc, and almost nothing on the details of the raid or the disposition of the body? Even the details that sounded vaguely interesting, like the fact that the chopper that crashed was some kind of new, secret craft, were already known long ago.
I got a feeling that the whole thing had been carefully rehearsed, and then I thought: Why would the White House give NBC an exclusive, “first-time” look inside the White House Situation Room? Well,… Continue reading
May 20, 2012
Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth
The New Landmark Documentary by AE911Truth
Late May through Early July 2012 –
Purchase Tickets Now!
AE911Truth is proud to announce the completion of the Final Edition of our milestone documentary, 9/11: Explosive Evidence — Experts Speak Out, and we are taking the film on the road with a whirlwind World Premiere Tour across the U.S., starting on May 21. The director of Experts Speak Out, AE911Truth founder Richard Gage, AIA, will personally introduce this groundbreaking film at top venues in 30 cities nationwide and take questions from the audience after each screening. Tickets are on sale now, so make sure to buy yours before the events sell out.
Join us in one of 30 cities near you on this tour, which begins in San Diego, CA, and covers 24 states from coast to coast.
Purchase Premiere Tickets NOW at ExpertsSpeakOut.eventbrite.com
Watch/Download the Film online Starting 5/21/12 at 911ExpertsSpeakOut.org
Order the cased DVD NOW — ships 5/29/12
The official “Opening Night” of the tour will be in Los Angeles at the Beverly Hills Music Hall Theater on May 22. Famed actor Ed Asner, the star of our previous short-film hit, Architects & Engineers — Solving the Mystery of WTC 7, will join Gage at the kickoff Press Conference at 7pm, and will introduce the movie, which starts shortly thereafter.
By Anemona Hartocollis
A federal health official’s ruling has cleared the way for 50 different types of cancer to be added to the list of sicknesses covered by a $4.3 billion fund set up to compensate and treat people exposed to the toxic smoke, dust and fumes in the months after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
The decision, released on Friday, came as a vindication for hundreds and perhaps thousands of people who have claimed — often in the face of resistance from public health officials — that their cancers were caused by their exposure to the dust cloud and debris thrown up by the attacks.
It will allow not only rescue workers but also volunteers, residents, schoolchildren and passers-by to apply for compensation and treatment for cancers developed in the aftermath of the attacks. The cancers will not be officially added to the list of covered illnesses until after a period of public comment and review that could last several months.
The decision, by Dr. John Howard, director of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, comes despite a current absence of evidence linking the attack to cancer, causing some skepticism among epidemiologists. It also reduces the amount of money for people suffering from ailments more conclusively linked to the Sept. 11 attacks, namely lung and other respiratory sicknesses.
And it poses a number of logistical challenges, since it will be difficult if not impossible to separate people who developed cancer as a result of ground… Continue reading
Catherine’s Anniversary Prayer — September 11, 2012
Lord, we gather in prayer on the eleventh anniversary of 9-11;
We thank you for the many blessings you have given us, among them the gift of life;
Let our hearts be in your heart, our mind in your mind;
Help us to speak life into this anniversary and this day.
We pray for those who lost their lives on 9-11;
We pray for the families who lost loved ones;
We pray for those who lost friends and colleagues;
We pray for those who lost companies, jobs, and resources;
We pray for those who risked their lives and health and whose courage and sacrifice lifted us through this time;
We give thanks for the grace they have brought to this earth;
We pray for the people and the land of New York, Pennsylvania, and northern Virginia;
We pray for all who have suffered and sacrificed in the wars and politics these events were used to justify.
We pray for the perpetrators of the events of 9-11;
We pray for those who exploited these events;
We pray for all who have profited;
We pray for all of us whose participation in unhealthy thoughts, disinformation and
systems has facilitated more killing, more war;
May that which has been stolen be restored;
May we all be restored to your love and your peace.
We give thanks to the millions of people who have contributed to our understanding of these events;
We give… Continue reading
“9/11: Ignoring the Evidence is No Longer an Option”
Join ReThink911′s main event in Times Square this September 11, 2013 right below our Times Square billboard at 5:20pm (47th street and 7th avenue). Special guests include Former Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney, Dr. William Pepper, Bob McIlvaine, Reverend Frank Morales, Richard Gage, AIA. More VIP guests to be announced. Be there!
Do not miss this historic day of events.
Richard Gage, AIA and the ReThink911 campaign are bringing the message straight to New York’s political leaders and national media outlets with an all-day tour culminating in a rally at ReThink911’s towering Times Square billboard at 5:20pm—exactly 12 years to the minute since Building 7 fell.
Join us on this whirlwind tour as we deliver AE911Truth petitions and ReThink911 VIP Packs, request on-the-spot interviews, and conduct our own interviews of the media establishment that continues to ignore the evidence. Then we complete this thrilling day of anniversary activities with a rally to include esteemed speakers Former Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney, William Pepper, Bob McIlvaine, Frank Morales, Richard Gage, and other VIP speakers to be announced.
ReThink911 all-day rally starts at 8:00AM at Ground Zero.