Browse by Category
Graphic image for 9/11 foreknowledge
Graphic: unanswered questions
Graphic of paper shredder- destruction of evidence
Graphic: conflict of interest
Cui bono graphic
Alleged Hijacker graphic
9/11 Commission Shield

Evidence Suggests CIA Purposefully Spiked Investigations

CleanPrintBtn gray smallPdfBtn gray smallEmailBtn gray small

Monday, 27 August 2007, 11:11 am
Column: www.UnansweredQuestions.org

Evidence Suggests CIA Purposefully Spiked Investigations

Dear Members of the Press:

A grave miscarriage of justice is afoot. After years being withheld the Administration finally is forced to release the CIA’s IG Report on 9/11. While earlier news accounts said the report would be released in early September it was released in the middle of a Congressional recess, in the middle of a Summer break, thus insuring it will not receive the attention it deserves. Worse still is the conclusion in most press reports since its release that bolsters the official narrative, i.e., that all the myriad failures were simply due to ‘systemic failure’ and/or incompetence.

The circumstantial evidence running contrary to this conclusion is compelling and convincing.

It appears that Al-Hazmi and Al-Mihdhar were being protected by higher ups in the CIA. Respected author Joe Trento has reported that they were working for Saudi Intelligence. Others reported the two were removed from the watchlist two days before 9/11. I don’t know if either was the case. It is clear, however, that there was a concerted effort to protect them, similar in some respects to the way authorities in FBI HQ refused to allow Rowley and company in Minnesota to go into Mousaoui’s laptop computer or how higher ups prevented Robert Wright in Chicago from going after the money trail of Yassin Al-Kadi (Qadi) who financed the software company Ptech and the terrorist group Hamas and who was later named a “Specially Designated Global Terrorist” by President Bush in October of 2001.

There is a pattern here that cannot be adequately explained by charges of ‘systemic failure’ or incompetence. As Kristen Breitweiser has suggested, something else is going on, and the repeated missed opportunities (she has documented 7) and blocked communications suggests something “purposeful” on the part of authorities. The IG Report says 60 agents reviewed the Intel about the two.

Please review the statements below made by 9/11 widow Kristen Breitweiser and by Investigative Journalist Michael Isikoff of Newsweek. These are merely jumping off points to following a trail few have had the courage to examine closely and relentlessly until answers to the questions raised by Kristen and others are answered. In the wake of 9/11, billions of dollars, the lives of soldiers and the Constitution are being sacrificed. Let not truth be sacrificed as well, not when it comes to what happened on September 11th, 2001.

Thank you.

Kyle F. Hence Co-Producer,

9/11: Press for Truth

*Statement of Kristen Breitweiser, Co-Chairperson, September 11 Advocates Concerning the Joint 9/11 Inquiry Senate Select Committee on Intelligence House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence September 18, 2002 *

[snip] Perhaps even more disturbing is the information regarding Khalid al-Midhar and Nawaf Alhazmi, two of the hijackers. In late August, the CIA asked the INS to put these two men on a watchlist because of their ties to the bombing of the U.S.S. Cole. On August 23, 2001, the INS informed the CIA that both men had already slipped into the country. Immediately thereafter, the CIA asked the FBI to find al-Midhar and Alhazmi–not a seemingly hard task in light of the fact that one of them was listed in the San Diego phone book, the other took out a bank account in his own name, and finally, an FBI informant happened to be their roommate. [snip]*

Later, after three more years of connecting dots, Kristen Breitweiser wrote in Huffington Post, August 20, 2005:

[snip] Additionally, when one carefully reads the 9/11 chronology and information provided in the public record, it becomes increasingly clear that the CIA´s repeated failure to share information with the FBI about two of the 9/11 hijackers-al Mihdhar and al Hazmi– was purposeful. There exists at least seven instances between January 2000 and September 11th, 2001, that the CIA withheld vital information from the FBI about these two hijackers who were inside this country training for the attacks. Once, twice, maybe even three times could be considered merely careless oversights. But at least seven documented times? To me, that suggests something else. (To read about these instances, I suggest you read 9/11 materials relating to the “watchlisting issue” involving al Mihdhar and al Hazmi which is a story so detailed, that it deserves its own lengthy blog.) [snip]

*From an interview with Newsweek Investigative Reporter Michael Isikoff for the documentary, 9/11: Press for Truth http://www.911pressfortruth.com :*

MICHAEL ISIKOFF: The CIA learned about this meeting. It arranged for it to be under surveillance by the Malaysian special branch… The CIA subsequently learned within days that… Almihdhar and Alhazmi were headed for the United States. …An FBI detailee who knew about this at the Counter Terrorism Center of the CIA drafted a cable to alert the FBI, and that cable was quashed by superiors at the CIA.

Source URL: http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0708/S00326.htm