Monday, February 23 2009 - Get Involved
U.S. Out of Iraq & Afghanistan!
Stop US Occupations & Torture for Empire!
No Wars on Iran, Pakistan, Gaza!
The world can't wait!
Come OUT to the first national protest of the wars under President Obama
THURSDAY March 19 leave work & school to PROTEST the 6th anniversary
of the Iraq War.
SATURDAY March 21 at the Pentagon.
Barack Obama says he will:
* leave 80,000 troops, thousands of private contractors, and 17 permanent
bases in Iraq;
* send 30,000 more troops into Afghanistan , leading to more killings of civilians;
* keep sending robot drones over Pakistan, killing more civilians;
* deploy nuclear carriers with enough firepower to annihilate any country in
* support the Israeli siege on Gaza;
* keep in place the "secret rendition" program which Bush used to
* keep the government spying on citizens and continue Bush's "state
* increase the U.S. military by 92,000 troops, sending more to die for empire;
* refuse to investigate & prosecute the war and torture crimes of the Bush
The election of the first black president is effectively re-branding preemptive
and illegal wars of aggression to make us feel good about them, enlisting us
to "serve and sacrifice" for horrors we have no good reason to support.
The U.S. war on Afghanistan is an unjust war of aggression--the supreme
war crime, waged not to bring democracy and liberation to the Afghan
people, but to control Afghanistan with the goal of permanent domination of
the Middle East.
But, we don't have to go along! It's immoral to "wait and
see" or hope for the best from Obama.
If you care about humanity, get in the streets to send a message to the world
that there are millions of us who don't want these crimes carried out.
It's time now to take action & make our demands visible everywhere.
Find actions or organize one at www.worldcantwait.org
(Veterans speaking at high schools to resist military recruiting)
The World Can't Wait - 866.973.4463 - email@example.com
Source URL: http://www.worldcantwait.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5385:stop-us-occupations-a-torture-for-empire&catid=117:homepage&Itemid=289