Wednesday, September 24 2008 - Get Involved
Unconventional Tour 2008: Making Waves
Unconventional Tour 2008: Making Waves
irreveRANT Productions and People to People TV Presents: Unconventional Tour 2008: a political mashup of music, film, speakers, and fun!
The tour, from September 26 to November 4, will feature an evening of politically relevant live music, DJs, local performers, special guests who can speak truthfully to issues, films & PSAs, plus an open mic Q & A. Filmmaker Penny Little will present her films: Award winning Electile Dysfunction and 911 Dust and Deceit.
Schedule & Program
See Schedule for confirmed dates and details: Oct. 11, Santa Barbara; October 17-18, Little Rock; October 21-23, Bloomington; October 24, Chicago; October 26, St. Louis; October 30, Austin; November 2, Albuquerque.
Each event will be uniquely unconventional. One of the features of the tour is inviting local guests, musicians, performers. Local issues will be featured to educate, encourage and empower people to get involved in political process. The events are tailored to the needs of the sponsoring organizations and the venues.
The Free Speech Contest is an opportunity for you to try out your skill as a candidate. What would you say to the US Electorate if you were running for office? In a 60 second or maximum 2 minute speech. Bring your friends since the contest is judged by clap-o-meter!
Between now and the elections, more people are thinking about political process, why we should get out and vote*, and what are the real issues. Whether Radical or Progressive, Libertarian or Green, Democrat or Republican, we want fair elections. We’re against wars based on lies. We want our votes to count. We want our Constitution and our civil liberties back. We want media to report the unbiased Truth. We don’t think torture is a family value. We can agree on these things. We’re in unconventional times, where it’s no longer just about party affiliation, left or right. We want a government that is accountable to “We the People”.
Besides building a stronger grassroots network, our goal is to engage more people in the political process, because the power of our vote is real. *(Why else would they try so hard to steal it?). We will help support and bring attention to actions and campaigns which will strategically create an coalition of opposition to the the corrupt criminal cabal in power. Our country and our world deserve better.
*Even if you don't believe that your vote counts, or that it matters, or that the two party Kool-Aid is working, when good people do nothing, evil wins.
We can make a difference if we work together!
Little Rock - Oct. 17-18
Events will vary according to venue, availability of artists and speakers, and sponsoring organizations' focus. Confirmed musical acts include: Wil B, Eliza Jane, The Away Team.
Please contact us to discuss possibilities. Here are a couple:
• The Mashup: Venue: small to large auditorium, hall, campus theater or music venue: Integrated program featuring music by touring group and local musicians, multi-media & film clips, trailers, PSAs, speakers, preview versions of "911 Dust" or "Electile Dysfunction" special guests, local candidates, forum with guests/audience, DJ. Tabling, networking, food available for sale or early evening potluck. 5-10 pm. If venue allows, DJ and dancing til closing. * See Schedule below
* The Salon: Venue: Church hall, library, Union Hall, Campus lecture hall: Film showing with Community Town Hall Discussion hosted by filmmaker and local experts. Choice of several films including "Electile-Dysfunction" and "911 Dust and Deceit" by Penny Little. Also "Soldiers Speak Out" and short clips. Tabling and Networking. 7-10 pm
• The Total Unconvention: Venue: University venue, hotel, with additional rooms: Add your own unconference or workshops and make it a larger event, which includes examining strategies, participant created workshops & presentation, or arrange a special morning event with touring group.
• Free Speech Contest: Whether Salon or Totally Unconventional,
we can include a fun 15 minute segment of the program for the Free Speech Contest,
and clips from the best entries. Check
it out here.
* The events will begin in the early evening, with a reception with food from 5-6 pm for invited guests. This can be a potluck organized by sponsors, or sponsors can organize local vendors to provide the food for the guests, and sell food to audience. Vegetarian, organic is requested when possible. Some venues may have concessions.
6:00-7:00 Reception area opens to public. There can be food available for public,
either for donation or sale.
8:00-9:00 Film showing, "Electile Dysfunction", "911 Dust and
Deceit" or .... short version 28:30 plus more music and speakers.
Some additional ideas which can be part of program:
Free speech contest: Each person gets 2 minutes to say what they would like to tell the American people if they were running for President. Judged by applause.
Auction: For larger events, each sponsoring group solicits donations or donates something to help cover costs of touring artists. This can be a silent auction or a "Fundraiser Intermission", which is part of the program.
Your own Ideas....
In some instances, special morning events can be arranged. In addition local organizing partners may choose to create an "unconference" or workshops before or the day after the evening event to create your own "Unconvention" to brainstorm strategies to Take Back Our Elections, change the election process so we have a voice, and/or begin the dialogue for creating a coalition of opposition to the existing powers-that-be.
The views expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the author, who is solely responsible for its content, and do not necessarily reflect those of 911Truth.org. 911Truth.org will not be responsible or liable for any inaccurate or incorrect statements contained in this article.
|home | about us | contact | research | grassroots | calendar | links | search|