2006 Fundraising Kickoff
Happy New Year!
With 2006 right around the corner, the 911Truth.org Steering Committee is planning 2006 projects, and determining the required budget. To make these specific goals happen, and to continue to build participation in the 9/11 Truth Movement, we need funds. 911Truth.org receives no institutional, grant, governmental, or corporate funding. We are supported strictly by donations from you, our readers. A copy of the email we sent recently, complete with a list of 2006 projects, follows.’, ‘
Let’s get busy! 2006 is nearly here, and 911Truth.org is organizing several very important efforts for this new year. In just the past few weeks, even the corporate news has finally begun to show the ugly underbelly of the Bush Administration–more people than ever are finally recognizing the truly devious and deceptive nature of this regime, and the disastrous intentions behind their actions. It is critical that these newly awakened Americans come to understand that 9/11 was the linchpin on which the rest of this outrage turns.
That’s where we can find hope in this otherwise bleak turning of the calendar. Since 2003, 911Truth.org has worked tirelessly to bring you well-vetted, accurate information about the true events of 9/11, historical precedents, ever-widening consequences impacting each of our lives, and to provide opportunities to make your voice heard in demanding truth and justice. Growing readership numbers proves to us that you appreciate this information. Now, more than ever before, we need your participation, and your financial help.
With your help, 911Truth.org will work even harder in 2006 to bring the truth to light. We are finalizing plans for several new projects and outline them here in hope that you will join with us to make them successful.
- A major 9/11 truth event in Chicago, April, 2006, with speakers and workshop leaders from among the researchers and academicians who are currently coming out with new material.
- Building a structure of grassroots affiliated groups, thereby offering existing groups and individuals around the world more support options such as conference calls, discussion list, networking, and help with organizing local and regional events.
- Offering flyers and other educational materials at a Downloads Page, and better address needs of grassroots 9/11 truth groups by coordinating the skills of more volunteers in areas such as media, international growth, communication, website development, and fundraising.
- Conducting a nationwide poll, similar to the Zogby poll we coordinated in July 2004.
- Filing Freedom of Information Act requests with the NSA and FBI.
- Coordinating a 9/11 Speakers Bureau to ease scheduling of educational events by organizers across the nation.
- Encouraging online readership members to become involved via the Citizens’ Counter Coup (details to be announced in mid-January).
- Supporting and assisting 9/11 Truth candidates running for political office.
- Designing and increasing resources available at our online 911Truth store.
- Producing a professional-quality DVD compiling the best 9/11 truth evidence, for free or extremely low-cost distribution.
- Updating the Justice for 9/11 Complaint for filing with Attorneys General and District Attorneys across the nation.
Simply put, we need funds to make these projects happen. We estimate the cost for the Chicago event and nationwide poll to be approximately $25,000, and administrative costs for this year to total $24,000. Cost for these other projects will depend upon the level of people’s donation of their professional skills. Please take a moment now to make the most generous donation you can!
911Truth.org has undergone some significant transitions in the last four months, which will help us more efficiently carry out our mission–Janice Matthews is our new Executive Director, and Gabriel Day, Jon Gold, Les Jamieson and Bryan Sacks have joined our Steering Committee. We have accomplished significant growth in readership, and have organized a number of important and successful campaigns and events since we initially formed. We?re prepared to plunge into 2006 with new projects designed to bring the lies to an end, and justice to the liars! Without your financial help, we cannot continue to provide the kind of organizational leadership and information vetting you have come to expect.
In the past, funds have been raised on a per-project basis, such as for the DC-Emergency Truth Convergence, Zogby Poll, Justicefor911 Complaint, etc. Our administrative budget is currently a mere $2,000 per month?one full-time salary, plus costs for website, phone, mailing, copies, etc. To date, our monthly administrative budget has been raised strictly through individual one-on-one fundraising efforts and from the online donations of a few dedicated readers. But we must now appeal to our broader membership. Please, help us continue to grow and offer you more and better services and projects, in order to make your voice louder and more powerful. We must be able to move forward boldly, knowing the funds will be there to facilitate these projects in 2006.
If you cannot make a large donation right now, perhaps you are able to become a $20 monthly sustainer. Please make some donation now to help us carry out these 2006 projects. If you are financially unable to make a cash donation, we are in need of in-kind donations and volunteer help?we have listed some of these needs on our Donations Page. And as always, sharing our information with your lists is critically important, and we thank you for forwarding this New Years Letter, as well as all of our emails, as far and wide as possible.
Thank you all for your friendship, your faith in us, and your tenacity in demanding the truth. Together, we will prevail!
Toward justice in 2006,
911Truth.Org Steering Committee: